- 1 How can I edit STL files for free?
- 2 What software opens STL files?
- 3 Can you edit an STL file in Solidworks?
- 4 How do I convert STL to STP?
- 5 How do I convert DWG to STL?
- 6 Can you open an STL file in SolidWorks?
- 7 How can I edit a STL file?
- 8 How to open a STL file?
- 9 How to save in STL format?
- 10 What is an edit model?
How can I edit STL files for free?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files.
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings.
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
What software opens STL files?
Programs that open STL files
- Microsoft 3D Viewer.
- Microsoft Print 3D.
- IMSI TurboCAD Pro.
- GOM Inspect.
- ideaMK STL Viewer.
- Parametric Technology Creo.
- Dassault Systemes CATIA.
Can you edit an STL file in Solidworks?
Using SOLIDWORKS 2020, you can now directly add or remove features just as you would on a solid body model. In this article, we go over how to remove the slot feature from a bracket model and re-export the file as a mesh STL.
How do I convert STL to STP?
How to Convert STL to STEP
- Step 1: Download a Conversion Tool.
- Step 2: Import Your STL File.
- Step 3: Repair the Mesh.
- Step 4: Convert Your Mesh to a Shape.
- Step 5: Convert the Shape to a Solid.
- Step 6: Export Your Solid to a STEP File.
How do I convert DWG to STL?
First save in dwg file and open in AutoCAD to create STL files.
- Go to 3D view.
- Go to File menu , select Export CAD format.
- A dialog box opens.
- Select Option.
- Scroll down the dropdown menu (3D view only) and select 3D polymesh.
- Select “AutoCAD 2004 DWG” in Save as type.
- Next, open the saved file AUTO CAD.
Can you open an STL file in SolidWorks?
As for SOLIDWORKS, it has the ability to import STL files. Go to System Options > Import, and set your File Format to STL. This is where we will change the import option to Solid Body. Now, the next time you open an STL, SOLIDWORKS will automatically convert the Mesh to a Solid Body.
How can I edit a STL file?
Open and edit STL files in FreeCAD. Import an STL file into FreeCAD. In the menu select File > Import and navigate to the mesh file you want to modify. FreeCAD can open STL, OBJ, and AST mesh files. Delete the imported mesh in the Model window. Convert the shapes to solid.
How to open a STL file?
Pick the Right Program. Start by choosing the right program to open your STL file.
How to save in STL format?
File > Save As (Save As dialog box opens)
What is an edit model?
click System Administration.