- 1 How do I edit STL files in Meshmixer?
- 2 How do I combine two STL files?
- 3 Can you edit STL files in Solidworks?
- 4 Can Snapmaker use STL files?
- 5 How do you combine STL in Meshmixer?
- 6 How do I load multiple STL files into Slic3r?
- 7 What does export G-code do in Slic3r?
- 8 How to select the next object in Slic3r?
- 9 Where to get the Slic3r configuration files for the 3D printer?
How do I edit STL files in Meshmixer?
With Meshmixer, you can create an even tessellation using the Remesh command. Click the Select Icon in the menu and click to create an area to be remeshed, or use Ctrl + A to select the entire object. On the Popup menu, click Edit → Remesh or hit R.
How do I combine two STL files?
How to merge two meshes:
- To combine two meshes load both models.
- Click on Show Layers.
- To transform, rotate or scale an object, first select it in the Layer menu and then click on Manipulator Tools.
- You can now press T to select the Transform option, R to rotate the model and S to start scaling.
Can you edit STL files in Solidworks?
Using SOLIDWORKS 2020, you can now directly add or remove features just as you would on a solid body model. In this article, we go over how to remove the slot feature from a bracket model and re-export the file as a mesh STL.
Can Snapmaker use STL files?
The exported STL file can be sliced and printed with Snapmaker Luban software. For detailed instructions, you can refer to Chapter 3.3. 1 to Chapter 3.3. 3 of the Snapmaker 2.0 machine Quick Start Guide.
How do you combine STL in Meshmixer?
Step 1: Combining Models
- Select all the models that you want to combine in the “Objects Browser” using SHIFT+Click.
- Click the “Edit” button on the left toolbar then click on “Combine”
- When the models are successfully combined the “Object Browser” will display one file and one model will change colour.
How do I load multiple STL files into Slic3r?
Slic3r has the feature to combine multiple STL files into a multi-material AMF file. Split the original design into the separate parts within the CAD program, and export each part as STL. Within Slic3r, load one of the STLs into the plater. Right-click on the part and select “Settings”. Select “Load Part” and select one of the STL files.
What does export G-code do in Slic3r?
Export G-code – Starts slicing the model and produces a G-Code file. Export STL – Save the current set of models as a single STL file. If the 3D mesh described in the model contains holes, or edges are misaligned (known as being non-manifold), then Slic3r may have problems working on it.
How to select the next object in Slic3r?
You can use the select prev. or select next object shortcuts Ctrl or ⌘ Command + → or ←. If the object selected has more than 1 instance, the first instance will be the selected one by default and it will be colored red. Multiple Instanes of Same Object in 2D plater view. On the right-hand side is the list of currently loaded files.
Where to get the Slic3r configuration files for the 3D printer?
I have a Creatorbot 3D printer made by 3D PrinterWorks. Their website appears to be down, as well as their Facebook page. To me it appears they are no longer around. I’ve installed Slic3r as 3D PrinterWorks has recommended in the handbook but cannot download the settings for this from the 3D PrinterWorks website, since that is down.