- 1 How do you read serial output?
- 2 How do I test a serial port between two computers?
- 3 How do you find out what serial ports are being used?
- 4 How do I know if my serial port is working?
- 5 How do I use two serial monitors Arduino?
- 6 How can I tell which USB port is which device is using?
- 7 What are COM and LPT ports?
- 8 How to read from two serial ports at the same time?
- 9 How to read serial ports in Python 2.7?
- 10 How to read from two serial ports in parallel on MATLAB?
- 11 Why is my serial port device not working?
How do you read serial output?
In Serial Port Reader go to the “Main menu”, choose “Session -> New session”. Alternately, you can click on the “New” icon on the main toolbar or press “Ctrl + N”. This invokes the “New monitoring session” screen. Terminal view – all received data is displayed in ASCII characters on a text console.
How do I test a serial port between two computers?
- Open Device Manager on both systems.
- Connect the null modem cable between the serial port cable headers on the two systems.
- Identify the COM port that the cable has been connected to on each system.
- On both systems, right-click PuTTY.exe and click Run as administrator.
How do you find out what serial ports are being used?
You can check what device is using what COM port from the Device Manager. It will be listed under the hidden devices. From the Device Manager, select View – Show Hidden Devices. Now when you expand the (PORTS) COM ports section you will see all of the COM ports listed there.
How do I know if my serial port is working?
To check whether or not an RS-232 serial port is working, perform an RS-232 loopback test by doing the following:
- If your serial port is not female, convert it by taking a female/female cable or gender changer and plugging it into the serial port.
- Take a metal paperclip or wire and cross pins 2 and 3.
How do I use two serial monitors Arduino?
If you want to have two Serial Monitors, start the IDE twice. Use your desktop shortcut or start menu entry to start the second instance of the IDE. In the second instance you can select a different port. It will not work for Upload of course, but when you open the Serial Monitor, it will work at the selected port.
How can I tell which USB port is which device is using?
Use the Device Manager to determine if your computer has USB 1.1, 2.0, or 3.0 ports:
- Open the Device Manager.
- In the “Device Manager” window, click the + (plus sign) next to Universal Serial Bus controllers. You will see a list of the USB ports installed on your computer.
What are COM and LPT ports?
of you computer? COM ports can be used to connect peripheral devices and LPT port are specifically used for connecting printers.
How to read from two serial ports at the same time?
1 I have a C# program that reads from two serial ports at the same time. The serial port device is a Prolific USD to 4 serial ports adapter and I plug the two hardware on separate ports of the adapter.
How to read serial ports in Python 2.7?
I’m trying to read out multiple serial ports at the same time with Python 2.7 and PySerial. The big problem is: how do I pass the serial port object to the subprocess? Does another (and maybe better) solution exist to this? (Maybe this: How do I apply twisted serial ports to my problem?) I think I wasn’t totally clear what i want to achieve.
How to read from two serial ports in parallel on MATLAB?
Currently, executing FREAD or FSCANF will read the data into MATLAB one after the other. I also do not want one read to wait for data and block the other read command from the input buffer. Is there a way I can read from the ports in parallel? Sign in to answer this question.
Why is my serial port device not working?
The serial port device is a Prolific USD to 4 serial ports adapter and I plug the two hardware on separate ports of the adapter. The problem is when I read from each port one at a time, everything works fine but when I try to read from both ports at the same time, one of the port is not responding.