- 1 How do you reduce the bias of an algorithm?
- 2 How do you deal with less data?
- 3 How many data points are required for machine learning?
- 4 How can we avoid bias?
- 5 Is it possible for machine learning to solve all problems?
- 6 Which is the best machine learning algorithm to use?
- 7 Why is randomness important in machine learning algorithms?
- 8 How to evaluate the accuracy of machine learning?
How do you reduce the bias of an algorithm?
- Identify potential sources of bias.
- Set guidelines and rules for eliminating bias and procedures.
- Identify accurate representative data.
- Document and share how data is selected and cleansed.
- Evaluate model for performance and select least-biased, in addition to performance.
- Monitor and review models in operation.
How do you deal with less data?
We’ll now discuss the seven most useful techniques to avoid overfitting when working with small datasets.
- Choose simple models.
- Remove outliers from data.
- Select relevant features.
- Combine several models.
- Rely on confidence intervals instead of point estimates.
- Extend the dataset.
- Apply transfer learning when possible.
How many data points are required for machine learning?
For example, if you have daily sales data and you expect that it exhibits annual seasonality, you should have more than 365 data points to train a successful model. If you have hourly data and you expect your data exhibits weekly seasonality, you should have more than 7*24 = 168 observations to train a model.
How can we avoid bias?
- Use Third Person Point of View.
- Choose Words Carefully When Making Comparisons.
- Be Specific When Writing About People.
- Use People First Language.
- Use Gender Neutral Phrases.
- Use Inclusive or Preferred Personal Pronouns.
- Check for Gender Assumptions.
Is it possible for machine learning to solve all problems?
Machine learning is now seen as a silver bullet for solving all problems, but sometimes it is not the answer. “I f a typical person can do a mental task with less than one second of thought, we can probably automate it using AI either now or in the near future.”
Which is the best machine learning algorithm to use?
Machine Learning algorithm to be used purely depends on the type of data in a given dataset. If data is linear then, we use linear regression. If data shows non-linearity then, the bagging algorithm would do better. If the data is to be analyzed/interpreted for some business purposes then we can use decision trees or SVM.
Why is randomness important in machine learning algorithms?
Understanding the role of randomness in machine learning algorithms is one of those breakthroughs. Once you get it, you will see things differently. In a whole new light. Things like choosing between one algorithm and another, hyperparameter tuning and reporting results. You will also start to see the abuses everywhere.
How to evaluate the accuracy of machine learning?
For a complete list of metrics and approaches you can use to evaluate the accuracy of machine learning models, see Evaluate Model module. In supervised learning, training means using historical data to build a machine learning model that minimizes errors.