- 1 What is Meshmixer good for?
- 2 How do I make STL smooth?
- 3 What does Remesh do in Meshmixer?
- 4 What do red lines mean in Meshmixer?
- 5 How do you reduce triangles in Meshmixer?
- 6 How do you resize in Meshmixer?
- 7 Does blender take STL files?
- 8 Can you edit STL files in blender?
- 9 Which is the transform tool in MeshMixer?
- 10 How to use pivot system in MeshMixer?
- 11 How to remove faces from mesh in MeshMixer?
- 12 Which is 3D printing format does MeshMixer support?
What is Meshmixer good for?
Autodesk meshmixer is a fantastic free software for creating and manipulating 3D files for 3D printing. Whether you need to clean up a 3D scan, do some 3D printing or design an object, meshmixer can help.
How do I make STL smooth?
- Use Netfabb (download available here: Netfabb downloads) to clean up your STL.
- Open up Blender and import your STL by going to the menu bar and click File > Import > STL. (
- Open Edit Mode to display the polygons of the STL by pressing Tab.
- Convert the triangles into quads by pressing Alt+J.
What does Remesh do in Meshmixer?
With Meshmixer, you can create an even tessellation using the Remesh command. Click the Select Icon in the menu and click to create an area to be remeshed, or use Ctrl + A to select the entire object.
What do red lines mean in Meshmixer?
non manifold issues
Red means there are non manifold issues. Maybe non manifold edges (more than two faces share a common edge) or non manifold vertices (where a vertex connects wrong, non logical faces). This issue may happen when the CAD app converts its solid objects to a surface mesh file.
How do you reduce triangles in Meshmixer?
Low polygon style
- Open Meshmixer and drag and drop your model into the Meshmixer window.
- Select everything by pressing CTRL+A (or CMD+A on Mac)
- Press Shift+R or select Edit->Reduce from the new menu that appeared on your screen.
- Change Reduce target from Percentage to Triangle Budget in the drop-down menu.
How do you resize in Meshmixer?
Step 1: Scale Models: Transform Tool
- Click on the model you want to scale.
- Click on the “Edit” button on the left toolbar and then “Transform” Tip:
- To scale uniformly, click-drag on the white cube at the centre of the axis. Click-drag up to increase size.
- Click “Accept” to save the transformation.
Does blender take STL files?
Luckily, Blender offers a wide range of file formats (e.g. OBJ, FBX, 3DS, PLY, STL, etc.) that can be used to import and export. Use STL. if you intend to import/export the files for CAD software.
Can you edit STL files in blender?
Blender is a great STL editor if you want to create high-poly models. It offers many tools to sculpt and work out fine details in models.
Which is the transform tool in MeshMixer?
The Transform tool is Meshmixer ‘s Move/Rotate/Scale tool. Transform exposes many advanced capabilities for 3D positioning, and it is worth the effort to learn all the details. You can use Transform with one or multiple objects. The hotkey to initialize Transform is t.
How to use pivot system in MeshMixer?
In Meshmixer you can do this via the Pivot system. A Pivot is basically a way to store a 3D coordinate frame in the scene. Once you have created a suitable pivot via the Create Pivot tool, you can use it in the Transform tool by left-clicking on it. The Pivot will turn yellow and the Transform Widget will be re-centered.
How to remove faces from mesh in MeshMixer?
Meshmixer offers several advanced ways of patching up holes in a mesh. Sometimes it is useful to create a hole in order to cut out an irregular area. In that case, enter Select mode and use the lasso to select the area to be removed. Now hit Delete or Edit → Discard (X) to remove all selected faces.
Which is 3D printing format does MeshMixer support?
For exporting designs to a different format, Meshmixer also supports Collada, VRML, and Smesh. STL (STereoLithography) is a format originally developed for stereolithography 3D printing that is the most commonly accepted file format in 3D printing.